The winter is coming and so is the period of colds and flu. Prepare yourself by making this immunity-boosting tea.
According to many nutritionists, ginger belongs to the group of superfoods. This plant is able to improve immunity, enhance digestion and limit and eliminate inflammation.
Ginger is rich in few essential oils that are responsible for the unique flavor and aroma of this plant. The three most important ones are shogaols, zingerone and gingerols. These essential oils have strong anti-viral, anti-bacterial, anti-parasitic and antifungal properties. In addition, ginger root supports proper digestion, heals asthma, improves immunity, soothes pain, preserves the cardiovascular health and provides many other health benefits.
Ginger Tea Benefits
- Ginger is a very effective remedy for headaches, flu, common cold and even sore muscles. Due to ginger’s unique substances, it is able to naturally stop the pain (preventing prostaglandins from setting off an inflammatory response in the body).
- Regular consumption of ginger tea strengthens the immune system. It contains great amounts of antioxidants that boosts immunity and helps fight off infections.
- Just one cup of tea a day will minimize your chances of stroke, as ginger helps break down fat deposits that block arteries.
- Due to the warming properties of ginger, it improves your blood circulation. Increased blood flow will improve the delivery of vitamins, minerals and oxygen to your body’s cells… aiding in overall health.
- Ginger tea helps destroy the virus’ that cause common colds, cold sores, and influenza.
Ginger Tea Preparation
- raw organic honey
- Coconut milk
- ¼ tsp ground turmeric
- ¼ tsp ground ginger
- 1 cup of water
This tea-making process is really simple. After adding the turmeric and ginger in boiling water, lower the heat and then let it simmer for 7-10 min.
Add the milk and strain the tea into a cup. Improve your tea flavor by adding some organic honey. Enjoy the healthiest drink there is!
Sources: www.healthandlovepage.com | www.healthyfoodteam.com